I’ve had this yarn in my stash for ages. I bought it because I thought it would make a great felted bag, and then realized that it was superwash. Doh!
So the other day, one of my friends was having a really bad week. I’m not sure what all was going on with her, but I know there was lots. Some of her problems come from someone who has caused me a great deal of angst over the years, so I felt for her more than I normally would.
I started thinking about what I could do to give her a little moral support, to let her know that someone cares. That’s when it hit me that this yarn uncooperative yarn. With the odd fly-away fibers, it would make a great monster! I couldn’t wait to get home and try it.
The monster pattern I chose was Malcolm the Monday Monster. It’s another Rebecca Danger pattern, so I knew it would be easy and fast. My plan was to get it done this week so that I could have it waiting for her tomorrow when she comes in to work.
I’m happy to say that I finished it today!
I held the yarn double throughout and used size 15 eyes from 6060 on Etsy.
I plan to leave the monster for her with a note that says, “My name is Malcolm. Hopefully I am the most hairy thing you will have to deal with this week!”